balsamic roasted brussels sprouts
Balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts recipe that pops with tang and a touch of spice. A perfect side dish for the holidays.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Vegan, Vegetarian, Side, Holiday
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American, Vegan, Healthy
- 14 ounces of fresh brussels sprouts, rinsed and patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Trim off the stalk-side ends if the brussels sprouts are large. Pull off any loose outer leaves. Slice in half, lengthwise. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt, pepper, vinegar, and cayenne pepper.
- Using a whisk, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Continue whisking until mixed.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the brussels sprouts in a single layer. Drizzle the balsamic oil dressing over the sprouts. Reserve a little bit for dressing before serving. Toss to coat, making sure brussels sprouts get dressing on both sides.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning once halfway through the time. Sprouts are done when they are lightly browned.
- To serve, drizzle with remaining dressing. Best when fresh. Store in covered container in refrigerator up to 3 days.
*Recipe is a guide. Adapt as desired.
Keywords: vegan brussels sprouts, roasted brussels sprouts, balsamic roasted brussels sprouts, vegan side dish