Tofu Banh Mi Bowl
Easy and flavorful Tofu Banh Mi Bowl recipe. Tangly pickled carrots and radishes, soy sauce glazed tofu, and creamy Sriracha sauce make food dreams come true.
- Author: Plant & Vine
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings
- Category: Main, Vegan, Bowl, Vegetarian
- Method: Pickled
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 small radish, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 small cucumber, julienned
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced into thin rounds (remove seeds to reduce the heat)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Easy Crispy Tofu (1 16 oz block)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup spicy vegan mayo (mix vegan mayo with Sriracha to taste)
- Add all of the pickle ingredients to a jar, close the lid tightly, and gently shake to combine. If veggies are not submerged, add water until covered. Refrigerate for 1 hour. These can sit longer and will continue to get tangier the longer they are allowed to sit.
- While pickles are refrigerating, prep the tofu per the crispy tofu recipe.
- While tofu is baking, prep the tofu marinade and spicy vegan mayo mix. Once tofu is finished baking, toss in marinade and let sit for 5 minutes. Adjust ratios to taste – add soy sauce for additional saltiness, lime juice to lighten sauce and add tang, sesame oil for richness.
- Assemble the bowls: Add a serving of rice to each bowl, then layer on the tofu, pickled vegetables, avocado, scallions, cilantro, and drizzle with spicy mayo.
- Best when fresh. To store, refrigerate ingredients in covered containers separately. Good for 3-4 days.
*Recipe is a guide. Adapt ingredients and measurements as desired. Baking times may be different, depending on oven settings. Inspired by Pickles N Honey’s Tofu Banh Mi Bowl with Quick Pickles.
Keywords: tofu, Banh Mi bowl, bowl, healthy, Asian-inspired bowl, pickled carrots