Broccoli Cauliflower Pasta with Tahini Sauce
An easy weeknight meal. This pasta dish is creamy and comforting because of its cumin tahini sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings
- Category: Pasta, Vegan, Main
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Cumin Tahini Sauce* (if you want saucier pasta, double this)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1-2 regular lemons)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Broccoli Cauliflower Pasta
- One head of cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- One head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces of pasta (Penne used here but any type will work)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- Create cumin tahini sauce by combining all the ingredients in a small food processor (or whisk together vigorously in a bowl if needed). This sauce can easily be adjusted for thickness by adding tahini, thinness by adding water, heat by adding cayenne pepper, and richness by adding cumin.
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Toss the cauliflower, broccoli, and garlic with the olive oil in a bowl, and salt and pepper to taste, until vegetables are evenly coated in oil. Transfer to baking sheet and bake in the oven until the cauliflower and broccoli begins to brown, about 20 – 30 minutes. Toss halfway through cooking.
- While vegetables are roasting, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, toast the walnuts in a small dry skillet over medium high heat until golden brown and fragrant (about 5 minutes). Shake the pan a few times while toasting to make sure different sides of walnuts are exposed to heat.
- To plate, toss the pasta with the cauliflower and broccoli. Drizzle in the cumin tahini sauce and continue to toss until the pasta and vegetables are evenly coated. Divide between bowls and top with the toasted walnuts and parsley.
- Best when fresh. Keeps in covered container in refrigerator up to 4 days.
Keywords: roasted broccoli, tahini pasta, creamy pasta, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, vegan pasta