Ranch may very well be the national dressing of the United States. A recent New York Times article states that 40% of Americans claim ranch as their favorite dressing, with its nearest competitor, Italian Dressing, clocking in at a relatively measly 10% of the American public. Its (arguably best) usage in this country extends far beyond salads and into the wild world of fresh vegetables, buffalo wings, french fries, and pizza. I’ll be honest with you – I’m not the biggest fan of traditional ranch dressing, but I wound up a sauce convert with vegan ranch dressing, and I’m digging and dipping all sorts of tasty treats these days.
Ranch dressing does have a lot of good things going for it – creaminess from the sour cream / buttermilk / mayo, herbaceousness from dill or parsley, onion and garlic goodness, plus a shot of black pepper to wake the dressing up. I appreciate the myriad of flavors but historically got bogged down in how unhealthy it can be. Enter easy vegan ranch salad, where the creaminess comes from a vegan mayo, the herbs are fresh, and it has a dash of smoked paprika to add some excitement into the mix.
This vegan ranch dressing is awesome with buffalo cauliflower wings–a Bert to any Ernie, a Portia to all Ellens. If you make this easy vegan ranch dressing, let me know by leaving a comment and rating, and tagging #plantandvine on Instagram. Excited to see what you’re dipping or drizzling with this ranch!
Easy Vegan Ranch Dressing
Easy vegan ranch dressing – perfect for buffalo cauliflower wings, salad, fresh veggies, or drizzled over pizza and burgers.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 15
- Category: Vegan, Vegetarian, Salad, Dressing
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American, Vegan, Healthy
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup non-dairy unsweetened milk (I used unsweetened original almond milk)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, starting with half of milk amount and adding additional milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Can serve immediately or refrigerate in covered container. The flavors will become more pronounced with time. Will store for up to 5 days in refrigerator.
*Recipe is a guide. Adapt as desired.
Keywords: easy ranch dressing, vegan ranch dressing, ranch dressing