At Plant & Vine, my wife and I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. We’ve compiled a list of our most stand-out kitchen tools and will keep updating as we find new, interesting, and better kitchen essentials. Let us know if you have any questions!
This page contains affiliate links meaning we earn a commission if you use those links. We only recommend brands we use and trust.
Last Updated: December 13, 2018
- Vitamix 5300 – Pricey but a huge game-changer. This blender makes the smoothest smoothies, sauces, slushies, soups, and hummus. The Vitamix is the best kitchen tool investment that we have made in the last several years and it gets daily use in our house. We began trying recipes we never would have previously attempted, so I’m eternally grateful to Vitamix for making us more adventurous chefs and eaters.
- Lemon Lime Squeezer – Pure lemon lime efficiency. Don’t waste your time trying to squeeze every last drop of lemon or lime juice, get one of these and get maximum juice yields every time. Shae will never stop teasing me for adding this one to our wedding registry. It’s just that good.
- Garlic Chopper – This garlic chopper saves me from sticky garlic fingers. It minces garlic perfectly and quickly. Like the lemon lime squeezer above, I marvel at this little kitchen essential everytime I use it (which is basically every meal because I love garlic).
- Onion Goggles – Yup, you read that right. Terrible fashion but less crying in the kitchen when the onions come out. They’re also useful for getting laughs out of your cooking companions, so any tears are guaranteed to be the good kind.
- Dutch Oven – Another pricey piece but this will literally last forever. We make all sorts of delicious soups, beans, bread, sauces, pastas, and lasagnas. Start it on the stove and finish in the oven.
- Good Knife – A good knife changes everything – you will be able to cut faster, more precisely, and safer when you’re not applying all of your body weight to cut through a sweet potato. Cuts vegetables like melted butter. This knife was gifted to us as a wedding gift and I get knife joy every time I use it.
- Pizza Stone – Useable on the oven, grill, or BBQ, a pizza stone will cook your pizzas evenly and result in crispier crusts as they help absorb excess moisture in their porous stone. Do yourself a favor and up your pizza game.
If your kitchen is set-up and you need a glass of wine, check out our wine drinking tools.