Best mulled wine recipe – perfect for warming your cold winter nights.
- Author: Plant & Vine
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings
- Category: Vegan, Vegetarian, Drink, Wine
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American, Swedish, Vegan
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of dry red wine (or an aromatic white)
- 1-2 oranges, sliced into rounds
- 12 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 2-4 tablespoons sugar, honey, or maple syrup to taste
- 1/4 cup brandy, optional
- extra citrus slices (orange or lemon), extra cinnamon sticks, extra star anise, optional garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, and heat just barely to a simmer over medium-high heat. Do not boil the wine or else you will reduce the flavors and boil off the alcohol.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and let the wine simmer for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. You do not want the wine to be bubbling, you simply want to keep it warm.
- Strain, and serve warm with your desired garnishes.
*Recipe is a guide, adapt as desired.
Keywords: mulled wine, wine, spiced wine, glogg