Strawberry Spinach Salad
Strawberry spinach salad recipe with homemade candied pecans and balsamic dressing. Perfect summer meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Mains, Vegan, Salad, Side
- Method: Roasting, Chopping
- Cuisine: American, Vegan, Healthy
- 1/2 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil (or sub melted vegan butter or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, brown sugar, or cane sugar (we used brown sugar)
- 1 large pinch sea salt
- 1 large pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 small pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pinch each sea salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
strawberry spinach salad
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved or quartered
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely sliced (optional)
- To make candied pecans, preheat oven to 350F. Place pecans on parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 8 minutes.
- While pecans roast, add coconut oil, sugar, sea salt, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Remove toasted pecans from oven and toss in spice mixture. Spread back onto the baking sheet and roast for another 4-7 minutes until fragrant and golden brown. Once fragrant, remove from oven and cool. Toss with more salt or sugar if needed.
- To make balsamic dressing, heat small saucepan over medium heat, then add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and shallot. Sauté until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once cooled, add shallot to small food processor with balsamic vinegar, remaining olive oil, garlic cloves, Dijon mustard, maple syrup and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Blend until completely pureed. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- To make salad, toss fresh spinach and fresh strawberries in bowl. Plate spinach mixture and top with avocado slices, candied pecans, red onion, and drizzled balsamic dressing.
- Best when fresh. Store ingredients covered in refrigerator. Keep balsamic dressing separate from ingredients until ready to serve.
*Recipe is a guide. Adapt ingredients and measurements as desired. Baking times may vary depending on oven settings.
Keywords: strawberry spinach salad, easy spinach salad, strawberry spinach salad with pecans