Vegan Asparagus Soup
Simple and delicious 9-ingredient vegan asparagus leek soup. Asparagus, leeks, garlic, and a little coconut milk. A year-round favorite.
- Author: Plant & Vine
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American, Vegan, Healthy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegan butter
- 2 large leeks, chopped (including the white and pale green parts)
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 bunches of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 5 cups vegetable stock + additional to thin if needed
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Minced parsley for serving
- Heat the vegan butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Once warmed, add the chopped leeks and cook, stirring occasionally until fragrant (5 minutes).
- Add the garlic and asparagus and cook for 1 minute longer. Stir occasionally so garlic doesn’t stick to pan.
- Add the vegetable stock and a hefty pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the asparagus is tender (10-15 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and transfer the soup to a high speed blender along with the coconut milk. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the pot, add the lemon juice, and keep on low for about 5 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Taste for seasonings and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- When ready to serve, top with fresh minced parsley or freshly cracked pepper.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 4 days. The flavors will become more pronounced with time.
Keywords: vegan asparagus soup, asparagus soup, asparagus leek soup, vegan soup, asparagus