Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes
Simple buckwheat pancake recipe – vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free deliciousness.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings
- Category: Vegan, Breakfast, Healthy, Vegetarian
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American, Vegan, Healthy
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon smooth almond butter
- 2 teaspoon neutral oil or oil spray for preparing skillet
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and ground cinnamon.
- In different bowl, combine wet ingredients: coconut milk, water, maple syrup, lemon juice, and almond butter. Whisk until combined evenly.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until evenly mixed. Add more water (1-4 tablespoons) as needed to get desired consistency for batter. If you prefer thick pancakes, add less water. If you prefer thin pancakes, add more water.
- Heat frying pan or skillet on the stove. Spray with oil spray or lightly grease with oil.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the pancake batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes until small bubbles begin to appear and burst on the top side. Once bubbles burst, flip pancakes gently. Cook until browned on the other side.
- Serve immediately. Best when fresh but can be stored in refrigerator for 1 day. Reheat in microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
*Recipe is a guide. Adapt as desired.
Keywords: vegan pancakes, pancakes, buckwheat pancakes, vegan buckwheat pancakes