Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Delicious vegan salted chocolate chip cookies. It is important to note that the dough of these cookies needs to sit 12-24 hours before baking so these cookies are a two step process. Worth your time, I promise.
- Prep Time: 24 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 24 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 20 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (break up any clumps before mixing)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil (any neutral oil ok)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Flaky sea salt (we used Maldon Sea Salt)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and dark chocolate chips.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the two types of sugar together. Slowly add 1/2 cup of grapeseed oil, 1/4 cup of water, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth. This took about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Stir until just combined and no flour is visible.
- Important Step! Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours. We refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Cover two rimmed sheet pans with parchment paper.
- While oven is preheating, remove dough from refrigerator. Spoon into 2-inch mounds on plate and put in freezer for 10 minutes before baking. This helps cookies to retain their shape.
- After quick freezing, remove dough mounds from freezer and place on parchment-paper lined baking sheets. Sprinkle the balls of dough with coarse-grained sea salt
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes, or until the edges are just golden.
- Let cool completely on wire rack before serving.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, vegan cookies, salted chocolate chip cookies, vegan salted chocolate chip cookies, best chocolate chip cookies