Vegan Zucchini Bread
Vegan zucchini bread recipe spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg and filled with zucchini and walnut deliciousness. Great way to put extra zucchinis to use.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Total Time: 85 minutes
- Yield: 2 loaves
- Category: Vegan, Vegetarian, Dessert, Baking, Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup vegetable or grapeseed oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped raw walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Lightly grease (with cooking oil or vegan butter) and flour two 9×5 inch loaf pans. Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder in a bowl until evenly blended.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the applesauce, white sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth. Fold in the flour mixture and shredded zucchini to this bowl until evenly mixed. Divide the batter between the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake about 70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove and set on wire rack for cooling.
- To store, wait until completely cool and cover with foil or plastic wrap. Zucchini bread will store for 1-2 days at room temperature or up to 5 days covered in the refrigerator.
*Recipe is a guide. Adapt ingredients and measurements as desired. Adapted from AllRecipe’s Zucchini Bread.
Keywords: zucchini bread, quick bread, vegan zucchini bread, vegan dessert